The values and principles of KARATARAKIS HOTEL & RESTAURANTS SA are interrelated to the social contribution. The founder, Prof. Michalis Karatarakis has established the company's commitment to active social contribution.
We operate the company with the values of integrity, dedication, security, and quality.
Our commitment is to:
• Care for the well-being of our community and work decisively in the improvement of quality of life. Our participation in the cultural development of our country is the most enjoyable journey of contribution. Talented representatives of the arts and scientific research have visited Crete inspired by cultural heritage, natural beauty, gastronomy, history. The company is always on the side of projects (such as conferences, workshops, educational programs), supporting every form of cultural uplift, local products development and promotion throughout the world.
• Focus on the people around us, like customers, employees, partners, shareholders, investors, suppliers and our fellow citizens.
We support Greek producers, local products, Cretan businesses and craftsmen, through our hospitality & restaurants.
We constantly evolve our services to the benefit of our customers.
We train our employees to enhance their dreams and knowledge.
We support public benefit and voluntary organizations for the protection of children organizations and their rights.
• Develop the company responsibly, profitably and sustainably. We protect the interests of shareholders and investors who trust us, by creating a robust infrastructure made of 'people who care '
• Lead on sustainability for climate and water. We have managed to use renewable energy sources for 80% of our annual energy consumption.
• Lead in innovation and spread our experience for the benefit of the tourism sector and of our community.